School Spirit Awards Program
WIN CASH FOR YOUR HIGH SCHOOL!
The Cornhusker State Games School Spirit Awards Program is designed to support Nebraska high schools across the state by distributing funds based upon participation in the 2013 Cornhusker State Games. Current and future high school students, school alumni, parents and even members of the communities in which the schools are located can cast a vote for the school of their choice each time they register for the 2013 Games.
The School Spirit Awards Program is made possible through the generosity of the Nebraska State College System and its member institutions, including Chadron State, Peru State and Wayne State.
Congratulations to the 2012 winners:
SMALL (D1 & D2): Tie for 1st between Amherst and Kenesaw
MEDIUM (C1 & C2): 1st - Lincoln Christian; 2nd - Lincoln Lutheran
LARGE (A & B): 1st - Pius X; 2nd - Lincoln East
(Check presentation photos below)
- The School Spirit Awards Program will commence with the start of Cornhusker State Games registration. Voting will end on Friday, July 5. Results will be tabulated and winners will be announced at the CSG Opening Ceremonies on July 19.
- All prep, private and public high schools in Nebraska are eligible for the program. Schools that have won the previous two years are not eligible to win cash in 2013.
- Based upon enrollment, all schools will be placed in one of these three categories: SMALL (D1 & D2), MEDIUM (C1 & C2), LARGE (A & B). Within each school size category, the distribution of funds will be as follows: $750—Most votes, $500—Second most votes.
- Each time a person registers for the Games, they will have one vote for the school of their choice to win one of the available awards.
- The program will not be limited to current students from the school. Since the Cornhusker State Games involves athletes ranging in age from 3 to 93, each participant will be allowed one vote for a school for each sport entered. This will enable parents, relatives, alumni and community supporters to all have a vote in determining schools that win funds.
MORE INFO: For additional information on the Cornhusker State Games School Spirit Awards Program, call 402-471-2544 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.